Written by Marcel de Vries on 16 juli 2018
- REMINDER: What the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement means for British citizens in Spainon 16 oktober 2019 at 15:42
With increasing talk that London and Brussels might reach a new deal that would see Britain leave the EU at the end of October or after another extension, it's time for a reminder of what exactly the Withdrawal Agreement means for British residents in Spain.
- French tourist died at airport blockade during Barcelona protestson 16 oktober 2019 at 13:21
A 65-year-old French tourist suffered a heart attack and died after being forced to walk 4km to reach the Barcelona airport during protests staged against the jailing of Catalan separatist leaders, it has emerged.
- Going underground: Discovering Madrid's secret tunnelson 16 oktober 2019 at 08:42
Long before your average citizen started whizzing about en masse underground, a series of secret tunnels and caves ran below the streets of central Madrid. Perfect for flitting through the city incognito, back in the day, this underground network was used by criminals and even kings.
- Catalonia: Who are 'urban guerillas' behind the protests?on 16 oktober 2019 at 07:57
With an appeal to block Barcelona's airport, a new, mysterious organisation called "Democratic Tsunami" has raised the temperature of Catalan separatist protests in Spain which until now have been peaceful.
- IN IMAGES: 30 people arrested in Catalonia as clashes continued over second nighton 16 oktober 2019 at 07:22
Police in Spain arrested 30 people overnight across Catalonia for their roles in clashes with police during protests over the jailing of nine separatist leader over a failed 2017 independence bid.